Sign Up for the GCNA Heart Walk Team!
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association is proud to announce that for the fifth year in a row we are forming a team to participate in the 2016 American Heart Association's Heart Walk on October 8, 2016.
The festival is from 8:00-10:00 AM at Mall C across from the Convention Center and the walk begins at 10:00 AM, there are 1 and 3 mile walks. Board member Sandy Levine has volunteered to be our Team Captain and is already working with the local Heart Association to make sure it is a rousing success. In addition to the walk there will be the AHA festival so there will be fun for all.
If you would like to participate as a part of Team GCNA or to make a contribution click here.
Help Support the GCNA Boys & Girls Club Nursing Scholarship at Dining for Dollars
GCNA is raising funds for THE SECOND $1000 scholarship for a Boys and Girls Club student. .
- GCNA will hold a second Dining For Dollars fundraiser on Thursday, October 20, 2016 from 11AM -9PM at Applebee’s in University Heights on Cedar Road.
- Applebee’s will donate 15% of total sales from every table sales receipt that is accompanied by the flyer for the Boys and Girls Club. Contact the GCNA offices at email@example.com for a copy of the flyer.
- Dining in and carry out are both included on October 20, 2016 from 11AM-9PM with the flyer.
- Flyers are not permitted to be given out to diners entering or already eating in Applebee’s.
- In order to qualify for inclusion in the fundraiser, each diner paying, must present the flyer
- You may make copies to give to friends and families or you can scan to email and post on social media.
Thanks in advance for your support of this worthy cause!
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA) is a dynamic organization whose mission is to work for the improvement of health care for all people in significant and visible ways, to foster high professional standards and to promote the professional development of nurses.
- GCNA will be seen as the voice of nursing in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties.
- GCNA will provide services to meet the professional needs of members and potential members.
- GCNA will influence the health and welfare of the Greater Cleveland Community by endorsing volunteer efforts of members.
- GCNA will maintain a financially sound organization.
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA) is one of the 27 local Districts of the Ohio Nurses Association. Membership in GCNA/ONA is open to nurses who live or work in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties and offers a multitude of opportunities for information, education, involvement and leadership development.
Involvement in GCNA can take the form of political action – keeping abreast of local and statewide political issues of interest and importance to nurses, and seizing the opportunity to influence local policy makers. GCNA members serve on the Boards of many local or statewide health agencies and volunteer for projects to improve the health status of our local citizens.
GCNA members are kept informed by a variety of methods. Members receive a newsletter, The VOICE, which contains local announcements and news updates related to nursing, the Ohio Nurses Review (Ohio Nurses Association), The American Nurse (published by the American Nurses Association), and a subscription to the American Journal of Nursing. All three levels of the association publish web sites are updated regularly with current information and links to other sites of interest.
General meetings are held at various locations in the Cleveland area which provide opportunities to meet and socialize with colleagues over dinner, to learn about association activities, to provide input to the Board of Directors and to learn about topics of interest to nursing.
Educational opportunities occur at District Meetings and special events. Some of these events are geared toward members with specific interests and others cover a variety of topics that appeal to the general membership. Most GCNA District Meetings and educational programs have approved contact hours to meet Ohio’s continuing education requirements for nurses.
Many GCNA members take advantage of the opportunity for involvement in the activities of the organization. Members are elected to serve on the Board of Directors and the Nominating Committee, but participation in most other structural groups is open to any interested member. GCNA committees (Bylaws, Community Affairs, Membership, and Professional Development) are always looking for new members and insights. GCNA also sponsors an annual Career Fair as a service to nursing students and the nursing community. The success of this event is greatly due to the enthusiasm and efforts put forth by the Career Fair Committee. Joining a committee is a great way to get to know your colleagues and your organization.