CHECK OUT OUR LATEST POSTS:
- Share your Story!
- Register HERE for June 7th District Meeting!
- Nominate a nurse for the Top Nurses Award 2022
- SAVE THE DATE! Faces of Care 2022
- Transition to Practice: 5.26.22 Zoom; Protecting your Nursing License
Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA)
Your Professional Nursing Organization
What is GCNA??
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA) is one of the 27 local Districts of the Ohio Nurses Association. Membership in GCNA/ONA is open to nurses who live or work in Cuyahoga and Geauga counties. Membership in GCNA offers a multitude of opportunities for information, education, involvement and leadership development.
Involvement in GCNA can take the form of political action – being well-informed on local and statewide political issues of interest and importance to nurses and seizing the opportunity to influence local policy makers. GCNA members serve on the Boards of many local or statewide health agencies and volunteer for projects to improve the health status of our local citizens.
GCNA Member Benefits:
- Four meetings per year providing nursing continue education hours
- Liaison with local schools of nursing
- Scholarships available for registered nurses
- Opportunity to participate in a yearly Nursing Gala that provides a recognition for nurses throughout the area
- Connect with local organizations including, MedWish, MedWorks, Boys and Girls Clubs of Northeast Ohio, Cleveland Department of Public Health and Providence House
- Meet nurses from Cleveland region to exchange ideas, share experiences and learn about institutions and resources in the area
- Take advantage of the communication regarding issues that impact your nursing practice and career
- Serve on GCNA committees, as a board member, or a convention delegate for the Ohio Nurses Association assembly
Professional Nurses Organizations Overview
Reminder, when you join GCNA, your membership covers ALL 3 organizations; ANA, ONA, and GCNA, and helps promote nursing profession!
American Nurses Association (ANA) at the national level and has many functions such as setting standards, nationally focused legislative impact, certification, and magnet determination. Please look them up at www.nursingworld.org to see all the ways they impact your practice and provide support.
Ohio Nurses Association (ONA)at the state level and supports state focused legislative issues, economic and general welfare, continuing education, scholarships, Legislative Fellowship Program, and Nurses Day at the Statehouse. Please look them up at www.ohnurses.org to see all the ways they impact your practice and provide you support.
The Greater Cleveland Nurses Association (GCNA) at the local level. GCNA is in your own backyard and gives you an easy way to get involved with other professional nurses in the area and provide impact in our local community.
GCNA is looking forward to meeting you soon!
Please email us at email@example.com OR leave us your information below: